3 Tips to Find a Children’s Dentist Near Me in Westminster
Finding the right children’s dentist for your family plays a massive role in keeping your kids’ teeth healthy and instilling good dental health habits that last throughout their lives.
Undoubtedly, every parent wants their child to be as happy and healthy as possible. Oral health is directly linked to overall general health, meaning brushing, flossing, and visits to your kid’s dentist are as important as visits to a pediatrician.
Children who regularly see their dentist carry higher oral hygiene and health throughout their lives. Because of this, parents must research a bit to find quality care and the best fit for their family. Positive experiences at the dental office are critical!
#1 Search for a Board-Certified Pediatric Dentist
While searching for a pediatric dentist, hop onto Google and search “children’s dentist near me” or “pediatric dentist near me.” Google brings up all dentists in Westminster that accept children as patients. However, it doesn’t necessarily mean that all of them are pediatric dentists.
Family dentistry and pediatric dentistry may seem very similar from a parent’s perspective. Still, they are two different types of dentistry.
- – Family Dentists = are general dentists who also care for infants and children but don’t have specialized training in pediatrics.
- – Pediatric Dentists = are dentists who specialize in pediatrics and have an additional two to three years of intensive training. They can then choose to appear in a voluntary examination to be a board-certified pediatric dentist.
What are the Advantages of Pediatric Dentistry?
Hands down, the most significant advantage of children’s dentistry is the specialized experience in treating youngsters.
They deeply understand infant’s and children’s oral health, provide the highest quality care, and know precisely how to work with children. They know how to shape their behavior and experiences positively, treat dental problems, and pursue treatment effectively. Pediatric dentists know how to make kids feel safe, comfortable, and secure. Visits to a children’s dentist are often something your child looks forward to.
#2 Research Patient Reviews & Recommendations
The next step in finding a children’s dentist near you is to read through online reviews. Google and Yelp reviews are unbiased and are usually trusted more than reviews on the dentist’s website. Go beyond that by asking your friends and family for children’s dentists they highly recommend in the area of Westminster.
#3 Stop by For a Visit
Your final step is to stop by for a quick visit. Soak in the atmosphere and get a feel of the practice. Talk with the team and ask questions, such as:
- – What are routine dental teeth cleaning like?
- – What training does the children’s dentist have?
- – Do you work with special needs kids?
- – Do you provide sedation dentistry for nervous kids?
- – What insurance does the office accept?
- – What’s the missed or canceled appointments policy?
- – Does the practice allow for weekend appointments or dental emergencies?
After that, you can schedule a consultation to meet your child’s new dentist in person and have a comprehensive exam completed.
Young Dentistry for Children | Children’s Dentist Near Me
At Young Dentistry for Children, your children’s dentist in Westminster, Colorado, our priority is to help your child build a great relationship with us. We want them to establish a healthy oral care routine that will give them healthy smiles that last a lifetime. Stop by to see us – you never know, we may be the best children’s dentist near you.